Causes of Hair Loss in Women & Men
Excessive sweating also referred to as hyperhydrosis is one of the main causes of hair loss in Women & Men and can be held accountable for more than 65% of all hair loss causes.
When looking for hair loss symptoms with regards to hyperhydrosis, obvious signs are sweaty hands, face, underarms and feet. Sweat contains a mild acid that in large amounts affect the follicles and scalp and thereby causing the excess shredding of hair.
Many causes of hair loss can be prevented by eating healthy since hair needs nutrition and vitamins to be able to sustain a normal growth rate. Healthy food rich on zinc and iron such as spinach and broccoli combined with multi vitamins goes a long way as a preventive measurement and will in most cases stimulate hair growth.
Common Causes of Hair Loss, Symptoms and Reasons are Listed Here:
- Lack of proper nutrition and vitamins may cause a steady hair loss that in the long run will result in baldness.
- If you have diabetes or elevated testosterone, this can also be a likely factor and usually shows up as loss of hair on the scalp.
- If your scalp is red and sensitive, also known as the inflammation of the scalp, the most likely causes are fungal or bacterial infection, psoriasis or eczema.
- Psychological factors like work environment, trauma, surgery or illness may cause stress and depression which is a large contributor to the causes of hair loss in women and men.
- Steroids and other medication which affect testosterone level may also cause baldness and typically shows as a sudden increase in hair loss combined with the medication.
- Male baldness genetics also known as the male baldness pattern is a genetic disorder that is common in a large part of the male population. Baldness genetics is defined by a deficiency in the DHT (Dihydrotestosterone) levels.
Reasons for Hair Loss: How do we Prevent it?
When studying the majority of reasons for hair loss, one can easily overlook another common factor connected to hair problems. If you stress your hair by pulling it back in a pigtail or use a hair style that pulls the hair roots, you may develop a form of hair loss called traction alopecia. Stressing the hair follicles by pulling can cause scaring in the scalp, but if stopped in time, before the scaring occurs, hair loss can be prevented and the hair you lost will grow back at a normal rate.
The first step to take once you realize you are losing hair, is to try and match one of the many causes of hair loss to your situation, – then take the necessary steps to prevent further shedding. If you have difficulties determining the cause of hair loss, consult your physician or dermatologist, they will most certainly be able to either establish a diagnosis – or point you in the right direction.
You can also chose the cosmetic approach to hair loss. There is a vast market with regards to hair transplants, wigs and hair extensions that you can use instead of spending large sums of money on different hair treatments.
Please note: Most causes of hair loss in women and men in Caucasians, also affect African-American hair growth as well.
Vitamins for Hair Growth
Finding the best vitamins for hair growth is a must, get smarter today!
Hair Growth Products
What kinds of hair growth products should I use?
Best Vitamins For Hair Growth
Learn how to improve your hair or even prevent hair loss.
Stress and Hair Loss
Find out why stress and hair loss often go hand in hand.
Laser Hair Growth
Learn more about laser hair growth or laser hair therapy (LHT)