Hair Growth Supplements: A Good Boost To Hair
Hair growth supplements may not seem like the first thing that comes to mind when it comes to repairing damaged hair and promoting hair growth, but these supplements really do work.
Supplements aren’t medication, they are simply vitamin and mineral boosts that come in a pill. Natural hair growth remedies may also be considered as supplements as long as they are taken regularly. So what are the best types of supplements for hair growth?
Hair Growth Supplements: What to Take
- Amino Acid Supplements – One of the most popular amino acids that is required fro hair growth is cysteine. This ensures that hair fiber production happens smoothly. Cysteine also contains sulfur molecules which links with one another to form bonds that give the hair strength. Other amino acids include Tryptophan, Valine, Theonine, Leucine, Arginine, Histidine, Isoleucine, Lysine, Methionine, Phenylalanine and Threonine. If any of these amino acids become insufficient, the hair follicles may have difficulty producing the hair fibers.
In order for hair to grow properly, amino acids should be constantly supplied via the blood stream. And since hair is one of the fastest dividing cells in the body, it takes up high energy, vitamin, mineral and amino acid consumption. This need can better be answered with supplements.
- Vitamin and Mineral Supplements – Minerals and hair growth vitamins are probably one of the most effective hair growth treatment. This is because vitamins are naturally needed by the body and a good dose of it can result in overall health. There are various supplements for hair growth, and this is the preferable dosage to keep hair at its best:
- Vitamin E: 400-800 IU
- Vitamin B Complex: 50 mg
- Vitamin B6 : 50 mg
- Vitamin C: 1,000 mg
- Beta Carotene: 50 mg
- Magnesium, Sulfur, Zinc: Once daily
- Flaxseed Oil: One tablespoon or one tablet
- Silicia: 300 mg
- Nettle: 250 mg
- Apple Skin – A recent hair development shows that procyanidin therapy can potentially cure male pattern baldness. The richest source of procyanidin is in the skins of unripened green apples. Apple chemicals have shown to be superior to grape and grape seed extracts which have been used as natural hair treatments for some time.
People who have been taking apple procyanidins in the pill form have reported the occurrence of faster hair growth, smoother skin, and stronger fingernails.
- Jojoba Oil – This oil helps to clear dandruff, dry scalp, and other hair and skin conditions. Applying jojoba oil regularly can leave the hair supple and adequately moisturized. Jojoba oil is not taken orally, but is applied topically as a supplement.
- Green Tea – This type of tea contains poluphenol catechins that blocks the action of an enzyme that starts hair los among men. Other theories claim that the tea works by soothing the scalp and promoting hair growth.
Hair growth supplements can do wonders for the hair if they are administered or taken regularly. Remember that there is no miracle treatment for hair loss or damaged hair. Supplements can help improve the hair, but this needs to be coupled with a hair care regimen and a healthy diet.
Vitamins for Hair Growth
Finding the best vitamins for hair growth is a must, get smarter today!
Hair Growth Products
What kinds of hair growth products should I use?
Best Vitamins For Hair Growth
Learn how to improve your hair or even prevent hair loss.
Stress and Hair Loss
Find out why stress and hair loss often go hand in hand.
Laser Hair Growth
Learn more about laser hair growth or laser hair therapy (LHT)