Easy Hair Loss Prevention Tips
Hair loss prevention can be easy when the measures are constantly kept in mind. There are a lot of different ways to prevent hair loss and these are certainly effective if they are applied everyday.
Hair loss is a major problem faced by both men and women, and this can result to low self-esteem issues if it occurs at a rapid rate. The causes of hair loss are many, ranging from vitamin deficiency, stress, hair infections, and genetics. Since this is an obvious concern as people age, it is best to understand ways to prevent hair loss while we are still young.
Natural Hair Loss Prevention Tips
Hair loss prevention for women and men are more or less the same. However, women should be more diligent towards taking care of their hair since they usually subject it to excessive styling. Below are some hair loss prevention tips that are easy to follow:
- Drying the hair using heat can cause damage to the hair shaft as well as to the hair follicles. It is absolutely important to minimize subjecting the hair to damaging heat by using equipment such as blow dryers, hot hair curlers, hair straightening devices, hair fasteners, and other chemicals that will cause damage to the hair. Heat weakens hair proteins causing the hair shaft to be fragile and brittle which can result to hair loss. Also, it is important to keep the heating devices away from the scalp because burned scalps can permanently damage hair follicles.
- Another important thing to remember is to cut off on hair dyeing. Never color the hair more often than 6 to 8 weeks. It is also better to have semi-coverage than full dyeing.
- It is also important to note how the hair is being styled. Some styles can cause the hair to be pulled in tight elastics or clips which can cause hair loss if repeated everyday. Styles such as braids, corn rows, plaits, and tight ponytails should be avoided. The medical name for hair loss caused by excessive styling is traction alopecia, and this can be completely prevented by itself.
- Wash the hair using only a mild shampoo or a hair loss prevention shampoo. This can help wash harmful microorganisms away from the scalp, thereby minimizing hair infections that can cause hair loss. It is also advisable not to use products that are too harsh, because these might also contribute to hair fall.
- Try to avoid brushing wet hair. Should there be a need to brush it, use only a wide toothed comb. Brushing the hair frequently can also injure hair and increase the loss. In the same sense, it is best to avoid rubbing the hair vigorously after a shower since this can cause breakage. It is better to pat dry the hair instead.
These are only some of the simple and doable hair loss prevention tips that can be done everyday. Also, one of the major causes of hair loss is definitely stress, so it is best to keep the body and mind relaxed and free from stressful activities to maintain thick and lustrous locks.
Vitamins for Hair Growth
Finding the best vitamins for hair growth is a must, get smarter today!
Hair Growth Products
What kinds of hair growth products should I use?
Best Vitamins For Hair Growth
Learn how to improve your hair or even prevent hair loss.
Stress and Hair Loss
Find out why stress and hair loss often go hand in hand.
Laser Hair Growth
Learn more about laser hair growth or laser hair therapy (LHT)