How To Stop Hair Growth For Both Men and Women
Warning: Illegal string offset 'debug' in /home3/mixinus/public_html/hgv/wp-content/plugins/allow-php-in-posts-and-pages/allowphp.php on line 18
However, unwanted hair can be just as annoying.
How To Stop Hair Growth in Women
The excessive growth of hair on women in places where hair does not usually grow is termed as hirsutism. This could mean excessive facial hairs that may appear like a beard. In some cases, chest hair may also be observed.
- Lose excess weight – According to the National Institutes of Health or NIH, fast hair growth can be associated with being obese or overweight. Shedding some pounds may be helpful in losing those unwanted hairs. Weight management may just be the key to reducing the occurrence of an increased hair growth.
- Reduce Carbohydrate Intake – The Mayo Clinic states that insulin resistance can be the cause of faster hair growth among women. Foods that are high in glucose can include carbohydrate rich foods. This can cause blood glucose to spike and it can also create insulin resistance that leads to hair growth. To minimize this occurrence, lessen the amount of refined carbohydrates in the diet, and choose to eat foods such as whole grains.
- Use Vitamin and Herbal Supplements – The National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine or NCCAM suggests that saw palmetto is an effective natural herb that can help regulate hormonal imbalances that cause hirsutism.
How To Stop Hair Growth In Men
If hirsutism is the excessive growth of hair in women, hypertrichosis is the term set for men. This growth can be seen in any part of the body, but is most likely to be found at the back, chest, and ears.
- Have a Healthy Diet – If women are advised to eat less, men are urged to eat more. The New Zealand Dermatological Society says that eating disorders such as anorexia can cause excessive hair growth in men.
- Beware of Drugs – Some oral medications and vitamins for hair growth can potentially cause hair growth in main. Cyclosporin, a drug that suppresses the immune system can increase hair growth. An anti-seizure drug called phenytoin can have the same effect. Some topical steroids and iodine solutions may also bring about hypertrichosis in some men.
- Eat Soy Products – Soy products have a component called phytoestrogens which are similar to estrogen. Testosterone levels can lead to increased hair growth, but this can be countered with an estrogen-like food product. Soy can be obtained from foods such as tofu, soy milk, soy nut butter, and edamame.
- Use Hair Growth Inhibitor Lotions – This works for men as well as for women. These also contain soy extracts that can slow down the growth of hair. These can be purchased in most local drug and cosmetic stores.
These tips for both men and women can help to increase the knowledge in how to stop hair growth. There are many more ways such as medical procedures involving lasers or salon treatments like waxing. For abnormal hair growth, it is best to consult a doctor, dermatologist or dietician.
Vitamins for Hair Growth
Finding the best vitamins for hair growth is a must, get smarter today!
Hair Growth Products
What kinds of hair growth products should I use?
Best Vitamins For Hair Growth
Learn how to improve your hair or even prevent hair loss.
Stress and Hair Loss
Find out why stress and hair loss often go hand in hand.
Laser Hair Growth
Learn more about laser hair growth or laser hair therapy (LHT)